0207 974 6264

Home / About

Welcome to SENDIASS Camden!

We are an impartial Service which is confidential, free and operates at arms-length from Camden Council. The law requires all local authorities to provide children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their parents/carers with information, advice and support.

About the service

The Service aims to help parents/carers, children and young people and professional staff to work together to provide the best possible support to children and young people with SEND.

SENDIASS Camden operates in accordance with the provisions of the Children and Families Act 2014 and associated Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2015 and the National Quality Standards for impartial Information Advice and Support Services.

What SENDIASS offers

What does SENDIASS mean?

SENDIASS offer resources and information about the law on Special Educational needs and Disabilities (SEND). And offer Information, Advice and Support Services (IASS).

Education, health and social care

National and local policy

The Local Offer

Your opportunities to participate

Where you can find help and advice

How you can access support

Watch our video on who SENDIASS are below

How can we help?

Providing a confidential helpline

Verbal and written information and advice on rights and responsibilities

Support to complete forms and understand complex documents and reports

Support around meetings – including school, local authority and professional staff

Support in resolving disagreements, including mediation and appeals to the First-tier of the SEN and Disability Tribunal

Providing information sessions and training

Signposting children, young people and parents/carers to alternative and additional sources of advice, information and support that may be available locally or nationally

Making children, young people and parents/carers aware of the local authority’s services for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and the routes of appeal and complaint on matters relating to SEN and disability

Providing advocacy as agreed, after assessment

Who can we help?

Parents/carers of children with special educational needs or a disability, with or without a diagnosis, with or without an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.

Children under 16 and young people aged 16-25 with special educational needs or a disability, with or without a diagnosis, with or without an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.

Anyone who needs help or advice regarding SEN support or the EHC Needs Assessment.

Pupils with SEN (Special Educational Needs)

Our People

Julie Bridgeway


Contact Information

0207 974 6264


or fill out our enquiry form